Monday, January 31, 2011


I recently had the honor of being asked to write a piece for the Harry Potter Alliance (HPA). They are "a 501c3 nonprofit that takes an outside-of-the-box approach to civic engagement by using parallels from the Harry Potter books to educate and mobilize young people across the world toward issues of literacy, equality, and human rights."

In January, they focused on overcoming the Body Bind Horcrux. In the Harry Potter series, there exists a curse called the Body Bind that renders victims unable to move. A lot of times we can feel this way in our lives. Paralyzed by the amount of work in front of us. Disconnected with our emotional well-being. And entirely neglectful of our physical health.

They accrued a number of blog entries that dealt with how to free your mind, body, and spirit. Here is my entry. It's on where I get the courage to run marathons.

I highly urge you to check out the rest of the site as well. It's a wonderful initiative. And I think they're capable of deep and lasting social change. I'm excited to be a voice in the mix.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment