Luke, I am your trainer.
Big shout out to David C-H for posting this on facebook and bringing it to my attention. :o) Check it:
Ok, so I might have thought this was a real video until Vader shish kabobed that dude. Gullible much? Guilty as charged. But I actually think this hilarious joke vid is onto something. Why NOT have a Jedi Gym????? Or at least themed work out classes. Having a costume that doesn't affect range of motion might be an issue (teacheerrrr, my gold bikini's chafing meee). And you'd have to work up more of a sweat than the guys in the vid were doing. But it would make exercise fun! And seems to allow more opportunity to interact with fellow gym goers!
A brief google search for non joke establishments found that people are waaay ahead of me. LucasArts held a Force-inspired gym session to promote the European release of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. And my friend, Seth, pointed me to New York Jedi. A place that holds themed exercise classes on a regular basis!
Whaddyathink? Would you go? Can themed gyms have a successful and viable following? What theme would you like to see (LOTR anyone)?
Comment below. :)
Or should I say, "weigh in" below, hah, kneeslapper.
Big shout out to David C-H for posting this on facebook and bringing it to my attention. :o) Check it:
Ok, so I might have thought this was a real video until Vader shish kabobed that dude. Gullible much? Guilty as charged. But I actually think this hilarious joke vid is onto something. Why NOT have a Jedi Gym????? Or at least themed work out classes. Having a costume that doesn't affect range of motion might be an issue (teacheerrrr, my gold bikini's chafing meee). And you'd have to work up more of a sweat than the guys in the vid were doing. But it would make exercise fun! And seems to allow more opportunity to interact with fellow gym goers!
A brief google search for non joke establishments found that people are waaay ahead of me. LucasArts held a Force-inspired gym session to promote the European release of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. And my friend, Seth, pointed me to New York Jedi. A place that holds themed exercise classes on a regular basis!Whaddyathink? Would you go? Can themed gyms have a successful and viable following? What theme would you like to see (LOTR anyone)?
Comment below. :)
Or should I say, "weigh in" below, hah, kneeslapper.
0 comments:
Post a Comment